Friday, June 20, 2008

Spanish Hot Chocholate

My mother's sister served a mission in Spain. She learned how to make Spanish Hot Chocholate there and has made it every winter for as long as I can think of. I've never had this anywhere else, so of course it always makes me think of her.

Spanish Hot Chocolate

From the kitchen of Mareen Kijek
~
Preperation Time: 20 Min
Servings: 6-8
~
3/4 to 1c. Sugar
1/4 c. corn starch
1/4 c. cocoa
1 1/3 c. dry milk
2 qts. water
~
Over high heat in a large pot, bring 1 1/2 qts of the water to boiling. Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the last 2 c. of water and stir until there are no lumps. Stir into the boiling water and continue stiring until it boils again. You may cook it a few seconds longer. Remove from heat and serve in cups or mugs. The Spanish people use more water than milk so that the chocholate is a darker richer brown, maybe 1 1/2 qts. water and 2 c. liquid milk. You seem to like the milk chocolate version. [I'm not sure who "you" is... might be me, but I never can tell when somebody hands me a recipe they printed off their computer at my request.]

No comments: