Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chad's Tuesday Cookies

While I was studying at BYU this past semester I lived next to a fellow named Chad Isom. Every Tuesday for the last several years he has made hundreds of cookies according to the following recipe. It's become tradition for everybody in the area to stop by, walk in the door whilst yelling "Cookie Night!" and grab a few for the road. Chad asks for nothing in return except that people take what they want and enjoy it. He doesn't even care if people stick around to visit. I for one enjoyed visiting, and have had many conversations with several people over a mound of cookies. Sometimes I'd take over a glass of milk, and every so often, chat would offer some of his own. Anyhow, the cookies are excellent. According to tradition, 3 varieties of this cookie are usually available: Chocolate Chip, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Plain. It's the same dough with different chips worked in. My favorites are the mint ones. Chad uses Andy's chips, but if you can't find them broken up Andy's Mints works just as well. So here, directly from Chad's Website are Chad's Tuesday Cookies (His site calls them Chad's Chocolate Chip Cookies, but Tuesday = Chad's Cookies, so I like my title better.)

~

Ingredients

Dry:
2 1/4 cups Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda

Cream:
1 cup Shortening*
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar**
11/2 tsp. Vanilla***
2 eggs

Other:
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat the oven to 375ยบ. Combine Dry ingredients in a bowl. Beat the Cream portion in a bowl until white. Combine the Dry with the Cream. Mix in the choc. chips. Form in to balls and cook for 7-10 min or until the peaks just turn golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and Enjoy!

Notes:
I personally always do a double batch.
I mix the Cream portion for several minutes in a mixer.
I always use insulated cookie sheets.

*I highly suggest Crisco
**I prefer C&H
***Real Vanilla is highly suggested (Even Mexican if you can)

No comments: